People are obsessed on getting the most out of their credit card rewards, and they have all kinds of strategies that help them to earn more. Finding bonus earning categories, receiving sign-up bonuses, and having numerous cards are a few of these. Check out the most common practises which will help you to earn more in 2023.
However, here are some legal and ethical ways to make money from credit cards:
- Signup bonuses: Many credit card issuers offer signup bonuses when you apply and get approved for their card. Signup bonuses can range from cash back rewards, points, miles, or statement credits. To receive the bonus, you need to meet the minimum spending requirements within a specific period, usually 90 days.
- Cashback rewards: Many credit cards offer cashback rewards on purchases made using their card. The cashback amount varies from card to card, but it can be a percentage of the purchase price, usually ranging from 1% to 5%.
- Points and miles rewards: Many credit cards offer rewards in the form of points or miles that can be redeemed for travel, merchandise, or statement credits. Some credit cards offer bonus points or miles for specific categories, such as groceries, gas, or restaurants.
- Referral bonuses: Some credit card issuers offer referral bonuses to existing cardholders who refer new customers to their card. The referral bonus can be in the form of cash, points, or miles.
- 0% balance transfer offers: Some credit cards offer 0% balance transfer offers for a limited time. If you have high-interest credit card debt, you can transfer your balance to a 0% interest card and pay off your debt without accruing additional interest. However, be aware of balance transfer fees and make sure to pay off the balance before the promotional period ends.
It's essential to remember that using credit cards to make money can be risky if you don't use them responsibly. Always pay your credit card balance on time and in full to avoid interest charges and late fees.